Are you having problems sleeping at night? Are you waking up with discomfort and nearly nodding off during meetings? Your old, flat mattress may be to blame. Flat mattresses do not properly support the curve of the human spine, may result in poor quality sleep and sometimes even aches and pains. Thankfully, flat mattresses are not your only option. There is a fair share of mattresses to choose from — and a new mattress can easily promote good health and help you sleep more soundly at night. Here are just a few of the best mattresses to choose from.
The Truth About Memory Foam
Memory foam is made from a substance called viscoelastic. It is both highly energy absorbent and soft. Unlike flat mattresses, memory foam often adjusts to the contours of our bodies to evenly distribute pressure and body weight. This potential benefit is huge, especially considering that, in a more traditional flat beds, sleeping puts pressure on your spine.
The Many Benefits of Adjustable Beds
Lets talk about adjustable beds or electric beds. Can sleeping at an incline be helpful? Many Americans suffer from a condition called edema, which entails the swelling of hands, feet, legs, and limbs due to the buildup of fluids. A flat mattress does nothing to relieve the symptoms of edema. Craftmatic® Adjustable Beds, equipped with optional heat and massage, may also provide temporary relief from:
• Low Back Pain
• Minor Aches and Pains Due to Muscular Fatigue or Overexertion
• Edema or Swelling of the Legs
• Poor Local Blood Circulation of the Legs
• Symptoms of Hiatus Hernia
• Nighttime Heartburn
• Symptoms of Gastric Reflux
• The optional heating accessory provides temporary relief from Mild Arthritis and Joint Pain, as well as Muscle Pain Associated with Stress and Tension
• Sleeping in an upright position may Reduce or Ease Light and Occasional Snoring
What mattress is best for you? The answer may vary from person to person. One thing, however, is more or less certain: if you are continually waking up in pain, you may want to consider getting rid of that decades-old, flat mattress.