Improving sleep quality and sleep comfort can do a great deal to promote good health. The first step to promoting sleep comfort and restful sleep is debunking common myths about sleep and getting to the truth of the matter. Don’t buy into these myths about sleeping.
Lying Down Will Help You Fall Asleep
Conventional wisdom tells us that the best way to fall asleep or to fall back to sleep is to lie down in bed. This isn’t necessarily true. Lying in bed for more than 15 or 20 minutes at a time without sleeping may actually make it even more difficult to finally nod off. If we spend most of our time in bed sleeping, this — in turn — conditions our minds and bodies to fall asleep faster. Lying awake in bed, watching hours of TV, or watching the clock can foster bad habits and poor quality sleep.
If You’re Tired Enough, You Can Sleep Anywhere
People who do not get enough sleep may joke around, saying that they can fall asleep just about anywhere. This is not necessarily true — and, if American adults can manage it, it is decidedly unhealthy. Even a flat mattress, for example, can provide inadequate support for the natural curve of adults’ spines, resulting in discomfort. If you continually have problems sleeping, look into some of the best rated adjustable beds. Craftmatic® Adjustable Beds, equipped with optional heat and massage, may provide temporary relief from:
• Low Back Pain
• Minor Aches and Pains Due to Muscular Fatigue or Overexertion
• Edema or Swelling of the Legs
• Poor Local Blood Circulation of the Legs
• Symptoms of Hiatus Hernia
• Nighttime Heartburn
• Symptoms of Gastric Reflux
• The optional heating accessory provides temporary relief from Mild Arthritis and Joint Pain, as well as Muscle Pain Associated with Stress and Tension
• Sleeping in an upright position may Reduce or Ease Light and Occasional Snoring
Don’t buy into sleeping myths and ultimately settle for too little sleep. Get out of bed for short stretches if you cannot sleep at night and consider a Craftmatic® Adjustable Bed for optimal comfort and better quality sleep.